Chocolate Pecan Energy Balls
After making homemade pecan milk (search the "homemade pecan milk" blog post), a lot of you asked me what recipe I ended up making with the leftover pecan pulp. Well here it is! Say helloooo to chocolate pecan energy balls.
I dried out the pulp by putting it on a baking sheet and baking at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I then threw the pulp into a mixing bowl and added:
- 1 tbs Sports Research vanilla MCT oil (unflavored would work as well)
- 2 tbs pecan butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tbs NuNaturals Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs fiber syrup (raw honey or maple syrup could also work)
- sprinkle of pink salt
- optional: 1 scoop Sports Research collagen peptides (omit for vegan)
I rolled them up into balls and individually plopped them into some unsweetened coconut flakes to give them more flavor and texture.
There were so ridiculously easy to make, delicious, and because of these balls I didn't waste any of the pulp from my homemade nut milk recipe. WIN.